Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Rude Workers!

I decided to post this after reading my friends Sunny's post. I wasn't going to because I thought it was just me. Our family was at American Eagle after Christmas and our youngest found a shirt she wanted to purchase. We proceed to the cashier and walked to the end of the counter where the two workers were standing talking and folding. They both looked up at us with the look they couldn't believe we were interupting them. Never said "may I help you or nothing". Well, I said "we would like to purchase this". One of the girls looked at us and said "you have to go on the other side". Let me remind you there was nobody else at the register so there was not a line or anything. Our youngest and me just looked at each other and I was trying to stay calm. If she had not wanted the shirt so bad I would have walked out. We purchased the shirt and she was not friendly at all. I was appalled. We told dad what just took place and without hesitating he said "it it coming from talking on line". These kids do not know how to talk to people and they are loosing their manners. LOOSING, it is lost. I am still amazed that these emplyees looked at us the way we did. My little one dosn't miss a thing and I think she was shocked too. They better be glad we do not go in there very much because the manager and owner would have heard about this. Their clothes are so expensive and to be treated like this, absolutely not. I guess I feel better. When I worked retail in High School the customer was always right, even now dealing with the public they are always given the benefit of the doubt. Oh well, I can just do eveything I can to teach my children to treat others with respect and hope others will too. It just seems to me but I think respect is going out the window and that makes me sad. Matt 12:37 (I need to remember this too)

No comments: