Thursday, December 21, 2006

Made it to Break!

We have finally made it to the Christmas break. All of the hustle and bustle will finally start to come together. I know we are all happy to be with our families and spend time laughing and making new memories. God has truly blessed us this year. Thank goodness it hasn't been as hectic as last year. Other than just being hectic with a senior and a freshman in the house. Our oldest Senior year is now 1/2 way over, and getting faster. I know in her mind it isn't fast enough. One day she will be happy to be coming home. (Ha) I wonder if she will ever admit it. It seems as though they were just starting school not long ago. I am looking forward to seeing my granddad who will be 95 in Feb. He has got a lot of personality. I think this year the absence of my mom has hit home a little harder. We were so busy with our oldest surgery last year that there wasn't much time to grieve. My mom loved Christmas and had enough decorations for many households. She has passed that love on to our youngest who absolutely loves any holiday but especially Christmas. She loves tradition and will let you know if anything is different. I thank God for our two teenage daughters and my wonderful husband of almost 23 years. We hope and pray for all of our family and friends a safe and happy holiday.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Test

Jason said...

All right! I can finally leave you a comment!

Glad you've joined the blog world, Laura. Looking forward to keeping up with things over here.