Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Homecoming






Well, this is our youngest growing up very fast. This was fun for us because we got to drive them because they do not have their license yet, so we got to see a lot of them all dressed up. They clean up pretty good. It is such an exciting and challenging time in their lives I hope they are enjoying everything and learning lots! Ha She did have her sister drive her to dinner but it was too late to pick up so I got too. This was fun too because you get to hear a lot about the night. All good though. I always remember what I was doing at this age and I did not get to relax and enjoy as hopefully my girls are. I was working by age 15 part time and started working full time at age 16. So I have mixed emotions of teens working during school year. Summers are good but I think they should do church work and activities and school work and activities. This is just my personal point of view and I am sure there are many many views but this is mine. Yes, they are spoiled but most are. I did not mean to get carried away just sharing our fun weekend.

Jamie came home for the big day on Sunday and it was great having her here. We had her all to ourself and we enjoyed. I know her sister loved having her here.

First picture is from Sunday.




5 comments:

Sunny said...

Such beautiful girls! I know that you had so much fun with Jamie being home. May looks like she had a great Homecoming. I'm with you on the "do they work or not". I worked as a teenager, but I don't want my kids to be overworked and too tired to enjoy their high school days. On the other hand, having 15/16/17 year old twins is probably going to be a bit tight on the wallet. Who knows, maybe there will be a good balance.

laura said...

There is a good balance and each family must do what is best for them. We did enjoy Jamie. Looking forward to Thanksgiving. We will be in Atlanta at my Aunts and she will be close to her "friend".

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I'm glad to see a post, Laura...and your life is NOT boring. You definitely have plenty to share. I love hearing about how Jamie's doing in college and May in high school. I can not believe they are in high school and college. I feel like it was yesterday when I was in Jr. High and they were the little kids running around everywhere. Hard to believe! They are so pretty and sweet, though. Thanks for the update.

Alisha said...

I love the pictures. It seems like yesterday that the girls where in jr. high. They are both growing up to be such good, Godly girls. You should be proud.

Stacy said...

Any Christmas pics?